Chirping the new tweeting?
Birdsong has provided the inspiration for a new way of communicating between internet-enabled devices.
A small team of computer scientists based at University College London have developed a method they call 'chirping'.
It involves turning internet addresses into short bursts of sound, which can then be shared between devices which have their Chirp app installed.
Rory Cellan-Jones caught up with chief executive and founder of Chirp, Patrick Bergel, to test how photographs could be shared between smartphones by chirping. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18923759
From our sources
- Letters: Don't compromise over press regulation
- Guardian accused of surrendering to newspaper rivals over regulation
- Channel 4 Racing fails to break million barrier at Royal Ascot
- Germany's Springer bought by private equity firm
- In an emergency a crayon will burn slowly for about 30 minutes. (I'm not sure how long it burns for if...
- Premier League fans descend on London to protest about ticket prices