I have just updated the Pirate Radio Hall of Fame web site, as I do on the last day of every month.
This month's update is a bit different. Up until now, the site has concentrated on the offshore broadcasters of the sixties but, as the rest of the world enters 2007, The Pirate Radio Hall of Fame has now proudly moved into the nineteen-seventies!
The first page of the 'Seventies Supplement', listing those DJs whose names begin with A, is online now and more will be added over the coming months.
The first page contains some offshore favourites like Tony Allan, Don Allen, Tom Anderson and Andy Archer, among others.
People have already been very generous but I am looking for more help. If you have any photographs, recordings, information or contact details for any of the English language offshore DJs of the seventies, please get in touch.
Apologies for cross-posting (I have posted a very similar message on the Caroline Yahoo board) but I hope the message is of interest.
Many thanks – and happy new year.
From our sources
- Twitter at its worst is not Bercow, but the braying mob | Barbara Ellen
- Disgraced; 4000 Miles; To Kill a Mockingbird – review
- How wealth of Silicon Valley's tech elite created a world apart
- Calvin Harris charts private jet to fly Rita Ora to Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Derry - from Mirror Online
- Rewind Radio: 99% Invisible - from Media Guardian
- Rewind Radio: 99% Invisible