Eric Tesug <(Address removed)> said:
At least 4 leading aftermarket suppliers say that the next tech wave in
car audio will be apps. Yes, apps tailored to car audio.
This is also true in the new car market. This week Mercedes-Benz launched
a new TV commercial (see video below) that almost exclusively advertises
the apps you can access from its vehicles.
I guess it had to happen eventually. The word 'App' seems to be the buzz word of the decade so expect it to be viral. Basically, anything that has any sort of screen or display , could have Apps. What we know as a car radio has evolved into an in car media interface. Expect others to follow suit pretty quickly. These devices need not be very expensive either to fit but you can guarantee that to have them as a factory fit OEM option will cost a premium whereas retro-fit units will cost a fraction of that.
From our sources
- Michael Hastings, The Runaway General journalist, dies in car crash
- Julian Assange attacks 'perverted' Gillard government
- There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
- Every day in every way I learn to love Russell Brand just that little bit more..
- I bet the climate is going to get a smack bottom for defying the Met Office...
- Oldies oldies everywhere, but not a modern music machine in sight...