Tuesday 14th August is the day when we remember the offshore radio stations that surrounded the British Isles for a brief period in the mid 1960s, until 14th August 1967 when legislation outlawed them. A special Tony Currie Show will come from the LV18, a former lightship converted to become a floating radio station, which in recent years has been home to revival broadcasts from Radio Northsea International, Radio Caroline, Radio Mi Amigo and Pirate BBC Essex, as well as radio six international. Tony's guests will include Keith Skues (ex-Radio Caroline and Radio London), Paul Freeman (Radio Essex) and others involved in watery wireless including Emperor Rosko (Caroline), Dave Cash (Radio London), Ben Healy (Radio Scotland), Radio London 'Knees Club' founder Mary Payne and Tony O'Neil from the Pharos Trust, who own and operate the LV18 which now has a new berth in Harwich and is open to the public as a museum. Join us on the LV18 on 14th August at 18:00 GMT with a repeat on Thursday 30th August at 21:00 GMT.
Oldies Paradise News
45 years ago this week one of the most exciting eras in British radio came to an end, when on the 15th August 1967 the British government introduced the Marine Offences Act which silenced all British Offshore Radio Stations with the exception of the two Radio Caroline ships.
On Tuesday the 14th August Oldies Paradise looks back at the music and the memories of 1967.
So, make a note to join us from mid-day on that day as we take you on a 15 hour trip back to 1967 and also tell you the story of the golden era of British Offshore Radio.
How to tune in….
Oldies Paradise is an internet radio station which is currently available on three servers.
You can find more details at www.oldiesparadise.com
Server details are…
Main 128k Server
Second 128k Server
You can also find us on…
Tune In Radio at
More details at...
- None yet
- Offshore Radio Newsflash www.offshoreradio.de (Visit)
- http://www.radiosix.com/ www.radiosix.com (Visit)
- Oldies Paradise Internet Radio www.oldiesparadise.com (Visit)
- http://listen.radionomy.com/oldiesparadise listen.radionomy.com (Visit)
- http://22.214.171.124:8180/ 126.96.36.199 (Visit)
- http://188.8.131.52:8104/ 184.108.40.206 (Visit)
- TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations tunein.com (Visit)
- Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio www.shoutcast.com (Visit)
From our sources
- Poor old Joe Kinnear - who hasn't said the word 'kebab' on live radio when they meant something else entirely? - from Mirror Online
- Boot up: Microsoft / Nokia acquisition talks, iPhone passwords security, YouTube ad revenues and more
- Digital news is finally starting to pay
- James Gandolfini, star of The Sopranos, dies in Italy - video
- No Title
- Let's stop smokers killing normal people