Birdsong has provided the inspiration for a new way of communicating between internet-enabled devices.
A small team of computer scientists based at University College London have developed a method they call 'chirping'.
It involves turning internet addresses into short bursts of sound, which can then be shared between devices which have their Chirp app installed.
Rory Cellan-Jones caught up with chief executive and founder of Chirp, Patrick Bergel, to test how photographs could be shared between smartphones by chirping. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18923759
- None yet
From our sources
- Guardian Viral Video Chart: Jimmy Kimmel, Eurovision and sad cats
- Guardian to launch new platform to streamline access to web content
- Virgin Media signs up as 2014 Commonwealth Games sponsor
- Find out more about ParentPort - from Ofcom
- Going global on our digital journey
- Boot up: Glass views, Surface v iPad, Bitcoin flourishes, SGS4 hits 10m and more