Simon Crees <(Address removed)> said:
Next to go from radio 1 , logically , would be Scott Mills , maybe in a
year or so's time.
I'd agree the noose must be hanging above him, but he's always had quite an interesting demographic listening (well, when he was on drive, dunno about now he's early afternoons) which is reflected at unofficialmills.com. His audience tended to be the studenty types, so were in the legal age range for Radio 1. Maybe that had started to slip a bit, which is why they parachuted Greg James into that spot instead of him.
The trouble with any radio station is that if it doesn't keep re-inventing itself, it picks up a young audience and then stagnates by growing old with them (Radio Caroline is a brilliant example of this). Since Radio 1's brief is very age specific, they are under pressure to get rid of the old 'cling-ons' every decade or so.
There really needs to be a Radio 1 for older people!
From our sources
- Chris Evans to host Sonys for next 2 years - from Radio Today
- Twitter hails dummy – but Noel Edmonds deserves fare dues | Media Monkey
- New York Times accused of treating Latin political leaders differently
- Today's media stories from the papers
- Future's revenues slide as games titles await Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Thinking Digital gets underway for 2013