Eric Tesug <(Address removed)> said:
The revised proposals for BBC Local Radio consisted of the following
On weekday evenings (7pm10pm) all stations will come together for a new
all-England programme, with opt-outs for live sport and local news (as
Excellent. The beginnings of a 'Radio England'. With a little luck there'll be some people somewhere in the country bothering to listen (in complete contrast to the highly expensive to produce shite currently broadcast between these times on the various stations that nobody listens to).
But what is the point of leaving the stations on in local mode to broadcast 'whatever' between 10pm and 1am? Surely 5Live should be broadcast from 10pm to 6am. Oh well, maybe next year they'll deal with this expensive waste of resources. (Locally in Merseyside we get some old duffers on the air talking about places they used to catch trolleybuses from back in the 1950s, and using milk coupons. Day after day, week after week, the same 'memories' on high rotation, with nobody listening!)
As I originally said, my original plan for pointless BBC local radio would be to be broadcasting 5Live from 7pm to 7am with the exception of local opt outs for sports commentary when relevant. I don't think the BBC Trust has gone far enough in stopping the wasting of our money.
From our sources
- Graphic content: images that expose the truth | @guardianletters
- Sunday Business Post editor to step down after 10 years
- Phone hacking: Coulson asked if he has hidden personal wealth to avoid costs
- London Live chief insists channel remains committed to local TV
- You'd think that with all the money the #giantspectacular cost us, that rude weeing and spitting Grandma...
- That Lily Allen. She's soooo Radio 2.