On 22 April 2012 15:32, Simon Crees <(Address removed)> wrote:
Since the one and only One direction hit , to date , will likely have
already been taken off the Heart /Capital playlist by now , it's
unlikely it will make any difference anyway.
Now I'm not particularly a One Direction fan, but (1) theyve had more than one hit and (2) most ILRs are still playing both their hits as current or recurrent.
Also , the majority of Heart/Capital listeners have absolutely no idea
what they are listening to anyway - why else would any sane person want
to listen to the same 200 or so songs , so they will be blissfully
unaware of the action.
How childish of the management to object so much to just the mentioning
of another station's name on air in that way - they are clearly complete
Just publicity seeking, I'm sure that by doing what they did they were after publicity - even bad publicity is better than none..
I have heard name drops for Capital radio and Smooth radio on radio 1
several times - even by the presenters , and i have not heard of anyone
being disciplined, publically at least.
That's the laid back BBC for you!
From our sources
- Apparently it wasn’t terrorism that put this girl in hospital | Catherine Bennett
- Peter Greste's family say they have no information his release is imminent
- Labour rules out ‘negative’ election campaign posters
- Apparently not every iPhone owner is stupid and easily led.
- What is the mental illness that means that Kiss and Capital Xtra both play an hour of oldies at exactly...
- You don’t see it promoted so much these days, but there was a time when the credit/debit card companies...