When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Nelson Mandela's death: the newspaper front pages – in pictures
- Tech City to get superfast 4G network - on its third birthday
- Ex-Times lawyer suspended as solicitor for six months over Nightjack case
- Rather follows unbaby.me service in blocking unwanted social content
- Sunday Express critic claims he was fired over gay website images
- Downton Abbey and Broadchurch help revive ITV1 fortunes