When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- BBC rejects MPs' calls to refer to Islamic State as Daesh
- Peas out: Barack Obama joins online outcry against guacamole recipe
- TV Land drops Dukes of Hazzard reruns amid Confederate flag controversy
- The Guardian view on the licence fee: now is the time to rally round the BBC | Editorial
- Remember Sir Issac Shoenberg’s role in development of TV and the BBC | Letters
- Pakistan gets flustered over Facebook's gay rights meme