When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- The Onion to launch Vice parody videos
- Russian music industry figures ask Putin to stop 'patriotic pop' project
- Diane Keaton and Jude Law to star in The Young Pope
- British journalist: I'm being followed in London by teams of stalkers
- Ministers back campaign to give under-18s right to delete social media posts
- Can Jeremy Corbyn ever be funny? Only on my joke Twitter feed - from The Guardian