When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Rupert Murdoch wheels out more hamster humour in Google spat
- Win tickets to Observer Ideas Festival
- Hilary Mantel reveals she fantasised about killing Margaret Thatcher
- Doctor Who Christmas special gets a Frosty feel
- Karen Wightman joins Panorama exodus
- Scottish referendum campaign posed challenges for media