When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Halloween. The culmination of Halloweek. This is the day that it’s very sadly illegal to answer the...
- Growing foreign ownership of British television is no bad thing
- Amazon lands hit with Transparent as on-demand revolution gathers pace
- That moment in the pouring rain when your phone keeps telling you the finger print sensor is too wet...
- Matt Taibbi returning to Rolling Stone after split from First Look Media
- Scottish broadcaster STV bids for three more local TV licences