When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Reports of the Times’s rebirth seem to have been exaggerated
- Birt talks tough on who now foots the World Service bill
- Sony hackers fed global media only too ready to take the bait
- So December 11 was the earliest Sunset and it'll be January for our latest Sunrise. Why is December ...
- Your shadow is confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be...
- No tragedy if Wimbledon is served up by pay TV instead of BBC