When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Will Tony Gallagher replace David Dinsmore in the Sun editor's seat?
- Your TV football dilemma: spend more and get the same | Barney Ronay
- Good to meet you… David Barlow
- Commissioning Katie Hopkins show was a 'no-brainer', says Discovery exec
- Lord Burns said to be examining options for Channel 4 sale
- El Pulso de la Republica: meet Chumel Torres, Mexico's answer to Jon Stewart