When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Alex Salmond to address inaugural Scottish newspaper conference
- Jamaica Inn: complaints to BBC over 'mumbling' soar to nearly 800
- Former Absolute Radio head of interactive Anthony Abbott joins Bauer Media as digital product director - from The Drum
- The Sun's Shakespearean spread proves a hard act to follow...
- BBC's Jamaica Inn loses 1.5 million viewers after 'mumbling' row
- Absolute’s Anthony Abbott joins Bauer - from Radio Today