When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Goodbye, Triple J: The Doctor's love letter to Australia's best music station
- So, sometimes the internets comes to gets you. Today is one of those days. The internets are reaching...
- Burn baby burn
- Belly. Top Turkish Nosh. On Lark Lane, Liverpool. Probably the best restaurant ... In the world!
- The happiest mobile phone period of my life was with 'Nokia', back in the day. And now the name 'Nokia...
- Stern fellows remember Ben Bradlee: 'Like everyone else, I was in awe of him'