When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Tony Abbott leads 'a government of censorship', Bill Shorten tells ABC rally
- One tweet blighted Thornberry’s career. Will the stirrers have a laugh at that?
- Poverty is a hard sell for newspapers flogging braised endives
- You can challenge Google, cut staff … or just make print journalism work
- Now we’re all in danger of being caught up in the new culture wars, 24/7
- The Agenda: roll up for those precious Rugby World Cup tickets