When One Direction accidentally thanked Radio 1 for their Brit Award when it was sponsored by Capital Radio (ooooops!), Capital Radio (and Heart) responded by removing them from the playlists and forbidding presenters to even acknowledge their existence.
Talk about spitting your dummy out of your pram.
However, not even the slightest dent has been made into their sales and popularity.
It seems that nobody has even noticed the 'ban'. Is this not a wake-up call to Capital Radio that their output is largely irrelevant and unlistened to?
From our sources
- Newsquest reports 11% fall in profits
- The New York Times to cut 100 newsroom jobs in layoffs and buyouts
- Daily Mail lines up cutting attack on Stephen Fry's drugs memoir
- Brooks Newmark sexting scandal: five controversial political stings
- Phone-hacking trial: Rebekah Brooks drops costs application
- Reddit secures $50m in fundraising from investors including Snoop Dogg