To correct one thing here. With Sky, if you've got a free box and installation which ties you in to a one year contract, once that year\s up, you can opt in and out of their premium channels with one month's notice. The year is designed to pay for Sky's 'free' gift to you of the box and installation.
Terry Treanor <(Address removed)> said:It's an alternative to Sky basically. It's for those that maybe would
> Is this going to be an alternative to SKY or just another Freesat
like to be able to access just a select few of the pay-Tv channels out
there , but maybe don't really need,or want the expensive premium sports
and movie channels.
I mean channels like Discovery , National geographic , British eurosport
, Gold , MTV , History and Cartoon network.
Vievers would also have access to the free-to-aiir channels that are on
Freesat as well as the mandatory public service channels - BBC
,ITV,Channel 4 and Channel 5.
Monthly subscriptions are set to be substantially less than even the
cheepest Sky package - maybe less than ten pounds a month , and once you
have a viewing card , you can opt in a nd opt out of the subscription
channels on a monthly basis if you want to , unlike Sky where you
subscribe for a year at a time.
I think it's a fine idea in principle , although personally , these days
, i find i watch very little TV and rerely even check the schedules of
the dozens of free TV channels i have access to on Freeview and Freesat
as well as multi-satellite.
Most of my spare leisure time is spent on the internet , like a lot of
other people now days.
Free thought + Free speech + Free radio = Anorak Nation
From our sources
- Andy Coulson accused of 'pure hypocrisy' over David Blunkett exposé
- 'At least I'm alive' BBC presenter tells how he was left in a 'coma-like state' after he was drugged with Ketamine and beaten by gang during 'nightmare' ten hour ordeal on holiday in Costa del Sol - from The Daily Mail
- Line of Duty's Jed Mercurio to pen TV adaption of Lady Chatterley's Lover
- BBC's Jamaica Inn: complaints over 'mumbling' hit nearly 1,400
- Twitter twitchiness, press awards and Adam Boulton on his career...
- Lynn Barber: an education in the art of the interview | Media Monkey