I had not heard of the station , 7 Waves until you mentioned it - so i looked it up as i like to know about all things radio. So it's just a low powered community station , although the power is listed as 51 watts which is somewhat higher than the normal 25 watts for an FM community station. Looks like it is targeted at the south side of the river although i suspect the signal is fair near the water front in Liverpool but drops off rapidly in town with the buildings blocking it. I must admit , i don't find community stations in my area very interesting - fairly bland and un-inspiring presentation. The playlist is reasonable , being far wider than the Borg though , but perhaps still rather predictable. They all seem to struggle to get an audience though so 7 Waves is no different or worse than most others i doubt.
From our sources
- Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment
- Comedy Central stands by new Daily Show host Trevor Noah
- Inside St Louis's lurid crime tabloid: 'There's a callousness about the value of life here'
- Lib Dems to propose law protecting journalism from state interference
- Precious, fragile, easily squandered. Is there any hope for trust? | David Puttnam
- Thunderbirds are go as TV series returns with a makeover after 50 years