Eric Tesug <(Address removed)> said:
I have most of my tracks on two backup drives, 2TB each.
For party people we have two identical 'laptops', made by, er, made by, er. Nope I'm trying to say the word, but it's not coming out. Anyway, they aren't Linux or Windows, but that other one. Nope, can't say that word in public.
Each is associated with a lovely Rane 68 and Serato Scratch Live. The best system ever! Just can't imagine a world of DJing without Serato.
When able to, both 'laptops' sync to the cloud and consequently to each other. We never have to even think about it or do anything. Steal all our hardware, we don't care! (That's the sign above our door.) (Only kidding.)
Prefer to keep my music on the ground :-)
Ours is in the air and everywhere. Mind you, I suspect that infringes some copyright somewhere, but since most of it was stolen in the first place, it's probably best not to worry about that aspect too much.
Over on G+, the lovely Steve Conway was mentioning that there are some organisations still backing-up data onto 'data tapes'. It takes all sorts to make a world!
From our sources
- That will piss off the drones of the Green religion. The Antarctic sea ice is not only larger but also...
- How journalists can protect their sources from the snoopers
- Daily Mail’s TV scribe enters the lion’s den with move to the small screen
- Angelina Jolie brings some glitter to BBC’s religious TV this Christmas
- This woman's thumbs are the biggest YouTube stars you've never heard of
- Vloggers must clearly tell fans when they’re getting paid by advertisers, ASA rules