Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- One tweet blighted Thornberry’s career. Will the stirrers have a laugh at that?
- Poverty is a hard sell for newspapers flogging braised endives
- You can challenge Google, cut staff … or just make print journalism work
- Now we’re all in danger of being caught up in the new culture wars, 24/7
- The Agenda: roll up for those precious Rugby World Cup tickets
- Inside every woman is a machine waiting for activation. Once activated, they can be ruthless and calculated...