Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- This could be so very true! Innit.
- BBC Trust's hunt for new chairman 'undermined by political meddling'
- In just three weeks the displaced/homeless in Gaza has passed the half-a-million mark. That's more than...
- Matthew Freud buys £4m stake in PR company Huntsworth
- Jon Snow Gaza video backed by Channel 4
- Local World posts adjusted profits of £38.9m