Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- What if transparency max was normal?
- I guess I do have slight prejudices against the hijab. The prejudices are because it is a religion’s...
- The Poppy Hijab
- Halloween. The culmination of Halloweek. This is the day that it’s very sadly illegal to answer the...
- Growing foreign ownership of British television is no bad thing
- Amazon lands hit with Transparent as on-demand revolution gathers pace