Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- So. Are there nuts or not? It says: Allergy advice: * Recipe: No nuts. * Ingredients: Cannot guarantee...
- Tom Watson on Andy Coulson's jailing - 'I felt sorry for him'
- Jon Stewart and Bill Maher square up to Rupert Murdoch over Time bid
- Good Housekeeping gives its research institute a home of its own
- Express Newspapers to cut 200 posts
- Big Brother helps Channel 5 beat Channel 4 in all-day ratings | TV ratings - 22 July