Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Interesting to see that already 2% of the traffic to christopherengland.com is coming from the 'new'...
- Wow. TalkTalk customers can get a mobile phone sim for £12 a month on a 30 day rolling contract, with...
- This is not politically correct
- Unwanted racial references in child-abuse reporting | Letters
- Give our kids rights over their digital world. Let them be stupid and foolish | Suzanne Moore
- Don’t believe Hollywood’s sexual fantasies about female journalists | Hadley Freeman