Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- What would a BT acquisition of EE mean for the UK telecoms industry?
- Ireland's Gemma O'Doherty wins apology and damages from Independent Newspapers
- Paul Dacre earnings up by nearly 25% to £2.4m in 2014
- Mobile trends for 2015
- Digital content trends for 2015
- Mark Wright’s Apprentice win strikes right chord with more than 6m viewers