Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- In recent times I’ve become slightly obsessed with Lilly Wood and the Prick. Well, to be more truthful...
- Only three TV election debates? Well, at least we wont miss Pointless
- Prayer in C
- Just imagine Ben Bradlee as a director of content
- The BBC ageist? Not with this roster of prime-time septuagenarians
- The readers editor on regional coverage