Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Here's a billion billion Euros, please don't leave us, Greece. Signed, the EU. Betcha.
- WikiLeaks demands answers after Google hands staff emails to US government
- Open door: The readers’ editor on … unthinkingly sexist descriptions of women | Chris Elliott
- Evgeny Lebedev’s London Live repeats itself. Evgeny Lebedev’s London Live repeats itself.
- Media Monkey’s Diary: Danny Cohen, Martin Sorrell and will.iam
- Could BBH’s track record with BA advertising help Tesco to take off?