Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- We have a fairly large room that nobody goes into for very long. It is referred to as ‘the green room...
- There are a number of on-line takeaway ‘aggregators’. Well, takeaway or deliveryers. We regularly use...
- Terrorist ransoms: should governments pay up or stick to their principles?
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy has Moore to say on interview row
- ITV to simulcast STVs second Scottish independence debate online
- BBC will continue producing its biggest shows, says TV chief