Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Teazle Fredenburgh obituary
- British TV is learning to love the arts but it can love them too much | Mark Lawson
- SparkNet announces Radioplayer Canada for spring launch - from RAIN News
- The more you looking into the Global Warming scam the more you see. Yet there are so many who are blind...
- Fraser Nelson, Spectator editor: 'I'd put £1,000 on Ed Miliband to win the election'
- The UN's 'sustainability' agenda, being promoted under the grand international scheme of something called...