Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Barnaby Joyce pulls out of Q&A on Tony Abbott's orders - report
- If I give £100 to Christian Aid and £100 to Muslim Aid, which £100 will help the people who really need...
- The truth about television rights and the Olympic Games | Letter from Mark Adams of the International Olympic Committee
- So, last evah Chart Show all over. Time to watch Thunderbirds and be ready to catch @DuncanBarkes on...
- Media Monkey’s Diary: Sun’s political struggle, Guido Fawkes, BBC drama
- The BBC or W1A – can you tell the difference? Quiz