Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Vox Media taking over tech site ReCode amid digital media shakeup
- 'Darth Vader' vs the feds: Time Warner deal will test Charter's notorious backer
- Washington Post reporter goes on trial behind closed doors in Iran – video
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks: top five moments
- Gigaom tech news site to relaunch in August
- Good to see Periscope come to Android. Periscope is the future of broadcasting innit.