Much talk about this on the radio forums. It seems most likely that there was a technical problem since listeners to 1395 reported that the audio started breaking up then a while later the carrier went off. This points to it initially going down due to a fault rather than simply being switched off. It would be surprising if Broadcast partners - the transmission providers would not have supplied a readily available temporary generator until the normal one could be fixed. It seems that there are other much more serious issues at play yet again. This station is a nice idea that sadly is not commercially viable. The audience is just too small leading to poor advertising revenue. Maybe they should just continue online as a not for profit anorak station and forget about medium wave. Only anoraks and a few truckers seem to support the station and there are not enough of them.
In response to
From our sources
- Global Warming means not having to waste so many of our natural resources in order to keep warm, right...
- Sabras Radio’s Shaadi Week gains huge response - from BizAsia
- BBC's Jamaica Inn drama loses quarter of audience after sound quality issues
- Lenny Henry campaign: back TV diversity or we'll boycott licence fee
- That moment when you get an email from the National Lottery telling you to log on to read news about...
- Amazon strikes deal with HBO to stream The Sopranos and The Wire