Simon Crees <(Address removed)> said:
I tend to use the browser search box as well rather than going to Google
Do you use one box for typing in Searches and another box for typing in
urls? If so, why? :)
Because thats the only way you can do it in Internet explorer and since that has always been the case since IE had a search box i just do it automatically. It's just logical to me to have the two seperate in just the same way as the addressee is on the top line of a postal adress and the postcode is at the bottom - putting it all on the same line would seem confusing. I read that IE9 will combine the search and URL boxes like on Chrome so confusion will prevail. How long has Joe public been trying to type URL's into Google for, only to be presented with a load of probably wrong options. Now the industry will have the explain to everyone again that actually you can type either into the address bar - unless they have already been using Chrome of course. I suspect that Joe public will on the whole still have Google search as their home page and type everything into that as they always have done. It's that same issue again - people don't like change.
From our sources
- Lord Sugar will see you now.
- Sky and BT embark on battle for the best live Premier League fixtures
- What Serena Williams 'taught me' about rape | Eris Zion Venia Dyson
- Public Enemy bring the noise to fans... on BitTorrent
- Alex Kingston: 'Lady Macbeth freaked me out'
- Letters: Don't compromise over press regulation