Just for fun, how about answering the following about yourself:
First time you used a computer.
Around about 1968 --- I think --- I was at school. We had to write our programs in the classroom, and then periodically we were taken by 'bus to Smethwick Technical College to type in our programs on a teleprinter and run then using paper tape on the college computer.
First time you owned a computer.
My first home computer was a Tatung Einstein --- I saw one on display recently in the Birmingham Science Museum. They were made in Telford.
Your first mobile phone.
A Nokia analogue --- about double the volume of a large glassses case!
First time you used SMS/Text.
Late adopter on this one. I have rarely used SMS. Prefer to talk.
First web-enabled phone.
Late adopter. Use Blackberry for email.
First digital camera.
Toshiba about 5 years ago --- not very impressed --- unacceptably high battery consumption --- very dark images.
First DAB radio.
Years ago used a USB Psion plug in module --- can't remember what it was called.
From our sources
- Telegraph's Jason Seiken finds online reasons to be cheerful
- Society of Editors to investigate military trial 'obstructionism'
- Slovenian journalist facing jail for revealing party's neo-Nazi links
- Today's media stories from the papers
- Alexander Lebedev's Moscow bank raided again by Russian police
- CPS drop case because Mazher Mahmood was the main witness