Just for fun, how about answering the following about yourself:
First time you used a computer.
Around about 1968 --- I think --- I was at school. We had to write our programs in the classroom, and then periodically we were taken by 'bus to Smethwick Technical College to type in our programs on a teleprinter and run then using paper tape on the college computer.
First time you owned a computer.
My first home computer was a Tatung Einstein --- I saw one on display recently in the Birmingham Science Museum. They were made in Telford.
Your first mobile phone.
A Nokia analogue --- about double the volume of a large glassses case!
First time you used SMS/Text.
Late adopter on this one. I have rarely used SMS. Prefer to talk.
First web-enabled phone.
Late adopter. Use Blackberry for email.
First digital camera.
Toshiba about 5 years ago --- not very impressed --- unacceptably high battery consumption --- very dark images.
First DAB radio.
Years ago used a USB Psion plug in module --- can't remember what it was called.
From our sources
- Why too few women work at senior levels in broadcasting
- Channel 4 develops Peter Kosminsky drama on Islamic State
- The Guardian overtakes New York Times in comScore traffic figures
- BBC funding would be up for debate after Tory election win, says Javid
- Paul Gambaccini to return to BBC in November
- Top Gear number plate row: Argentinian ambassador seeks apology