Just for fun, how about answering the following about yourself:
First time you used a computer.
Around about 1968 --- I think --- I was at school. We had to write our programs in the classroom, and then periodically we were taken by 'bus to Smethwick Technical College to type in our programs on a teleprinter and run then using paper tape on the college computer.
First time you owned a computer.
My first home computer was a Tatung Einstein --- I saw one on display recently in the Birmingham Science Museum. They were made in Telford.
Your first mobile phone.
A Nokia analogue --- about double the volume of a large glassses case!
First time you used SMS/Text.
Late adopter on this one. I have rarely used SMS. Prefer to talk.
First web-enabled phone.
Late adopter. Use Blackberry for email.
First digital camera.
Toshiba about 5 years ago --- not very impressed --- unacceptably high battery consumption --- very dark images.
First DAB radio.
Years ago used a USB Psion plug in module --- can't remember what it was called.
From our sources
- Comedy Central stands by new Daily Show host Trevor Noah
- Inside St Louis's lurid crime tabloid: 'There's a callousness about the value of life here'
- Lib Dems to propose law protecting journalism from state interference
- Precious, fragile, easily squandered. Is there any hope for trust? | David Puttnam
- Thunderbirds are go as TV series returns with a makeover after 50 years
- New press regulation regime is ‘business as usual’, says Labour peer