Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- So, the beach. The stones. Arranged by a human being. But for how long? Will the sea just come in and...
- There’s a lot that goes on that we can’t or won’t see. The nearest experience this reality can be likened...
- Premier League stars chip in to help video sharing firm Grabyo raise $2m
- Utopia picks up an Emmy but still won’t be back on Channel 4
- Rachel Johnson left with egg on her face after ‘see you next Tuesday‘ tweet to PM
- Spotify revenues grew sharply in 2013, but operating losses also rose