Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Only two months to go until Radio Caroline North's 50th birthday!
- Eric Pickles: I'll shut council freesheets that publish 'propaganda on the rates'
- A Sunday Times sting ends up with the stingers being stung...
- PepsiCo turns StreetTalk kiosks into giant Lipton Peach Ice Teas to tempt those in close proximity to convenience stores - from The Drum
- Channel 4 cooks up an advertiser-funded food show with Michel Roux
- Lycamobile promotes free call offering with video competition to support social media campaign - from The Drum