Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Well done Ireland for not only using a democratic process but also opting to give everybody equal rights...
- The new Weetabix On The Go advert
- Screen time v play time: what tech leaders won't let their own kids do
- BBC Radio 4 Extra becomes UK's biggest digital radio station
- Public-sector redundancy payoffs to be capped under Tories' enterprise bill
- You know dontcha that cats are more than just a nice looking fur ball. They are really scary torturing...