Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Book of Mormon ad with sweary Jon Stewart quote escapes ban
- German justice minister to request prosecutor's dismissal over treason case
- Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish ministers unite for BBC charter message
- Robert Downey Jr still world's best-paid actor as Bollywood stars crowd top 10
- #JezWeCan: why Jeremy Corbyn gets the social media vote
- Alan Cawson obituary