Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Why don't Barack Obama and David Cameron take questions from women journalists?
- Interesting to note that followers of all the Christian religions in America strongly support torture...
- Reports of the Times’s rebirth seem to have been exaggerated
- Birt talks tough on who now foots the World Service bill
- Sony hackers fed global media only too ready to take the bait
- So December 11 was the earliest Sunset and it'll be January for our latest Sunrise. Why is December ...