Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take action over Prince George surveillance
- David Hellier named as City AM editor
- Jeremy Clarkson lands in Top Gear argy-bargy over Porsches number plate
- Adam Sandler signs exclusive four films deal with Netflix
- Ed Richards to step down as Ofcom chief executive
- Single Equality Scheme 2014