Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Channel 4 asked to cut woman from Skint series over fears for children
- Channel 4 film features paedophile confessing attraction to children
- The National launch day review: a McPravda for Scotland’s separatists?
- Prince Charles letters: minister’s veto of publication was lawful, court told
- Sun journalists aware of payments to public officials for stories, court told
- Top Gear special row: Argentina ambassador criticises BBC response