Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Do we get the politicians we deserve? Journalists give their answers
- Eight lessons political parties need to learn to woo young voters
- Is Britain even capable of constructive debate on Europe? | Annalisa Paris
- Turkish journalist arrested over military coup scoop he wrote in 2010
- David Cameron accused of running scared over TV election debates
- BBC's Jeremy Bowen denies antisemitism in 'holocaust card' tweet