Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Not unlike the Beatles, every day I wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across my head. But it still...
- BBC suspends CBI membership over its no campaign in Scottish referendum
- London Event: Radio Around the World - from The Radio Academy
- Russell Brand's The Trews: Why do we love animals so much? - video
- American journalist freed in Ukraine by pro-Russian separatists
- RadioTalk: Hospital Radio Special from the HBA Conference in Bristol - from The Radio Academy