Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- The X Factor lowers its age limit to 14 despite Dermot O'Leary's reservations
- Truth exists, only lies are invented. Hence why a lot of the scare stories about Climate Change are ...
- Time Warner ends talks to buy major stake in Vice Media
- A sound idea: can ambient noise make us work harder?
- Ex-soldier given conditional caution for press leak was paid £500 for story
- Great British Bake Off: Ofcom rules out investigation despite complaints