Galaxy 266 <(Address removed)> said:
The First offshore station to break the BBC Monopoly
Only if by offshore you mean "in the water". Otherwise, Luxembourg came long before. (remember "We are the Ovalteenies" ?)
The First offshore station to introduce radio jingles (sort of)
Off the British shore, perhaps.
The First offshore station to have DJ's rather than announcers
Alan Milewczyk <(Address removed)> said:
OK, it may be fashionable to take the piss out of LA, but is it such a bad life ethic? The world might be a better place if more adopted that philosophy.
Considering the immense listenership it had, look at what has been happening in the world since, and until the present. What would you say its effect has been ? Not so much a philosophy, more a (hash) pipe dream.
From our sources
- Johnston Press cuts car mileage rates, but is that wise?
- Netflix and Spotify help drive UK home entertainment revenues to £5.3bn
- Boot up: tablet forecasts, who's streaming?, YikYak banned, and more
- E-cigarette ad banned over health claims
- Malcolm Turnbull has opened a can of worms on media reform, says Labor
- Magazine sorry for ‘racially offensive’ description of Indigenous surfer