Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Mother of Japanese journalist beheaded by Islamic State leads tributes
- Follow the money and you’ll find the future of news
- So TV debates will be a ratings disaster. Broadcasters will have to live with that
- The week in radio: The Conversation; The Documentary
- Apparently it wasn’t terrorism that put this girl in hospital | Catherine Bennett
- Peter Greste's family say they have no information his release is imminent