Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy talks tough again at slap-happy Edinburgh TV festival
- Vice News sparks debate on engaging younger viewers
- BBC Trust role should not become political football, says Tory MP
- Channel 4 wins channel of the year at Edinburgh TV festival
- We have a fairly large room that nobody goes into for very long. It is referred to as ‘the green room...
- There are a number of on-line takeaway ‘aggregators’. Well, takeaway or deliveryers. We regularly use...