Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Psychic Sally Morgan picks April Fool's Day to perform in Liverpool. Nuff said!
- Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment
- Comedy Central stands by new Daily Show host Trevor Noah
- Inside St Louis's lurid crime tabloid: 'There's a callousness about the value of life here'
- Lib Dems to propose law protecting journalism from state interference
- Precious, fragile, easily squandered. Is there any hope for trust? | David Puttnam