Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Johnston Press cuts car mileage rates, but is that wise?
- Netflix and Spotify help drive UK home entertainment revenues to £5.3bn
- Boot up: tablet forecasts, who's streaming?, YikYak banned, and more
- E-cigarette ad banned over health claims
- Malcolm Turnbull has opened a can of worms on media reform, says Labor
- Magazine sorry for ‘racially offensive’ description of Indigenous surfer