Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Snapchat's cheeky attempts to poach rivals' employees revealed
- Charlie Hebdo attack: Sky cleared over clip of police officer’s murder
- Three female critics nominated for Pulitzer prize
- Today’s media stories from the papers
- Nicola Sturgeon targeted as rightwing press turns focus on SNP
- Media gets mixed messages from party manifestos ahead of election