Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Mel Brooks and Alan Yentob: a surprise BBC Radio 4 Today double act
- I'm with Simon Cowell, let's bring professional wrestling back to British TV
- Ad break: a Cancer Research warning, Alan Shearer’s first game and sex toys
- Ad break: Cancer Research, Royal Danish Ballet, Barclays, Fairtrade, Eis.de
- Netflix Australia to launch on 24 March with House of Cards
- KCOM Consumer Switching - Statement and further consultation