Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Listening to Annie Nightingale. One of the best shows on the radio. I love her music. Why doesn't commercial...
- Ben Bradlee, Washington Post editor during Watergate, dies aged 93
- This time of year is a strange time of year. You know the end of the year is signalled as soon as the...
- Happy Halloweek and Christmas Quarter
- Why too few women work at senior levels in broadcasting
- Channel 4 develops Peter Kosminsky drama on Islamic State