Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- BBC retunes gender gap on local radio
- BBC apologises for airing Jimmy Savile clip
- Gardener sends photo of 'weed' to BBC show which turns out to be cannabis
- The Sun rips off website exclusive without seeking permission
- TV reporter uses F-word as she quits to fight for marijuana legalisation
- Doctor Who: the Guardian is Claras constant companion