Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- The controversial case for buying fake social media followers
- 30 most powerful women in British TV and radio named by Radio Times
- Mary Berry: I have no desire to be a centenarian
- Rona Fairhead, government's choice to chair BBC Trust, to be grilled by MPs
- BBC News staff vote to strike
- Top Gear to launch France edition