Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- The Blatter splatter about how terrible people are who are negative about Thiefa is a joke right? Everybody...
- Radio 1: the struggle to connect with today’s teenagers
- Channel 4’s Jay Hunt: ‘If you can’t be confident, you can pretend’
- The new Irn Bru advert
- After the ice bucket challenge: they raised $115m for the fight against ALS. So how did they spend it?
- Georgian soap magnates and Russian oligarchs – joined in grand absurdity