Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Lord Sugar will see you now.
- Sky and BT embark on battle for the best live Premier League fixtures
- What Serena Williams 'taught me' about rape | Eris Zion Venia Dyson
- Public Enemy bring the noise to fans... on BitTorrent
- Alex Kingston: 'Lady Macbeth freaked me out'
- Letters: Don't compromise over press regulation