Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- British journalist: I'm being followed in London by teams of stalkers
- Ministers back campaign to give under-18s right to delete social media posts
- Can Jeremy Corbyn ever be funny? Only on my joke Twitter feed - from The Guardian
- Can Jeremy Corbyn ever be funny? Only on my joke Twitter feed | Jason Sinclair
- Latest update from Roger and Chris - from The Radio Academy
- North Liverpool's Free bricks service