Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Materialism: a system that eats us from the inside out | George Monbiot
- Nobel winner declares boycott of top science journals
- Dodgy regime? Unruly protestors? Bell Pottinger can help
- BBC Radio Wales puts on special Brass Day - from Radio Today
- Letter: 'We were 12 fairly cynical young singers, but John Graham won us over'
- New Heart Breakfast show for East Anglia - from RadioCentre