Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- PR industry chiefs welcome Matt Tee's appointment to run Ipso
- South Sudan 'threatens press freedom with newspaper closures'
- Who said 'it's easy to remember the names of staff'?
- Standard attacked for offering London Live unpaid internship as prize
- Channel 4 kicks off cheeky shorts campaign | Media Monkey
- Facebook and fewer stories behind rise in web traffic, says Telegraph chief