Whatever we may think about Caroline now, we must remember that she was the first.
Well, when she started to broadcast in March 1964, Dutch Radio Veronica had already been on the air since April 1960, and Danish Radio Mercur since August 1958.
But surely she was the first something, wasn't she ?
Yes. She was the first to have Simon Dee, Tony Blackburn and Loving Awareness.
They must be worth something to a dedicated anorak, mustn't they ?
From our sources
- Only two months to go until Radio Caroline North's 50th birthday!
- Eric Pickles: I'll shut council freesheets that publish 'propaganda on the rates'
- A Sunday Times sting ends up with the stingers being stung...
- PepsiCo turns StreetTalk kiosks into giant Lipton Peach Ice Teas to tempt those in close proximity to convenience stores - from The Drum
- Channel 4 cooks up an advertiser-funded food show with Michel Roux
- Lycamobile promotes free call offering with video competition to support social media campaign - from The Drum