As you say Chris, I might as well listened to my iPod plugged into my system - on Jack FM my wife liked only one track and me, cos I'm older, liked two.
Please, I want good quality jocks who know their business driving a prog to keep me motoring and awake with entertainment. BigL - when I can pick it up - and my wife is not in the car (cos she can't stand AM) is the only music station that entertains me today. But I suppose computers are cheaper.
One day the penny will drop with Gcap and others, but as they are busy closing stations rather than getting them right, it will be a while.
From: Christopher England <(Address removed)>
To: (Address removed)
Sent: Saturday, 12 January, 2008 12:27:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Anorak Nation] AM and FM DEAD????????
Quoting a previous Jay BS contribution:-
And still some will claim DAB is The Way!
DAB is a good complement to the true way which is multi-path multi-platform and very much mobile 'internet' based. Having said that, I can't see 'radio' playing a significant part in anybody's lives for much longer. The music stations are trying to compete with iPods which will always deliver music a lot better and under the consumers control than radio can, and talking radio seems to have to employ television personalities in order to get anybody to listen. Radio offers nothing attractive that it itself invented.
* Christopher England just said that *
Free thought + Free speech + Free radio = Anorak Nation
www.jiglu.com – communities that think for themselves
Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.
From our sources
- So, drinking 3 cups of coffee a day can reduce diabetes, regardless of the quality or type of the coffee...
- Not unlike the Beatles, every day I wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across my head. But it still...
- BBC suspends CBI membership over its no campaign in Scottish referendum
- London Event: Radio Around the World - from The Radio Academy
- Russell Brand's The Trews: Why do we love animals so much? - video
- American journalist freed in Ukraine by pro-Russian separatists