Little defence from one who worked, only as a part-time consultant, for PRS for many years.
Most of the people working at PRS do believe in getting the best for musicians/artists/composers – more recently I've spoken to people who work in Slovak music rights places and the ones I have spoken to are equally supportive of the musicians/artists/composers.
Where I think the problem comes in is that today the entire system needs a bit of an overhaul.
That said, I have made a point recently, as I've effectively changed sides, of checking if some of the smaller artists, emphasis on smaller artists, have been getting royalty cheques and I'm pleased to report they have.
Quoting a previous Geoff contribution:-
They put it into Vistaâ¦
And now everyone hates it :-)
Except for those who own the rights, I guess. Well, having said that,
I've yet to understand how any of the money actually gets back to the
'right' people anyway. All this collecting money by PRS, PPL, MCPS,
bla bla bla is one big almighty con!
(PS Loving Office 2007!)
* Christopher England just said that *
www.mailspaces.com – Making communities, smarter
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.2/692 – Release Date:
From our sources
- Gods don't kill people; people with gods do.
- Bauer radio presenter joins Absolute 80s - from Radio Today
- Google's Eric Schmidt believes one company is an island
- People pretending it's their religion that makes them barbaric murderers ought to just admit it's who...
- Sharon Osbourne returns to X Factor panel
- Who dares to dodge Google's information tax? | McKenzie Wark